The big day is fast approaching and it’s not only the royal couple who are feeling excited, the celebratory mood can be felt across the nation with communities busy organising street parties, friends confirming where they’ll be watching and families planning how early they need to get up to get the best spot near Westminster Abbey. Yes, of course we’re talking about the biggest event of the year – the royal wedding!
To celebrate the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton we’re offering one lucky couple the chance to transform their home courtesy of Crown Paints.
Perhaps you are looking forward to collaboratively decorating your home with your partner and could do with some colour advice. Whatever the scenario, we’re on hand to give Britain’s couples an opportunity to freshen up their home.
It’s well documented that women are the ones who choose the colour scheme and styling in the home, while men are roped into the actual DIY, and more often than not, both parties will end up disagreeing on what the end result should be – leading to fights and friction.
We want to combat the issues that can arise from trying to bring two very different personal styles together, by providing couples with a well-balanced living space from day one – which is why our lucky winners will receive a personal Crown Colour Consultation, where we’ll help them combine their favourite colours and pick a perfect palette that’s personal to them – we’ll even throw in the paint.
Taking part is simple; just follow the instructions detailed below.
1. First, you need to find the answer to the simple question: 'what is the name of the Crown Paints colour featured on the wall above the fireplace in this image?’
The answer can be found by following this link to the Crown Paints website.
2. Once you have found the answer email it along with your full contact details to this email address email@example.com
3. One lucky couple will be chosen at random on Thursday 28th April.
Full terms and conditions are below.
1. Entrants to the competition are bound by these terms and conditions.
2. No purchase necessary. incorporated in England under number 06624576. The registered office of Crown Paints Ltd. is at Crown House, Hollins Road, Darwen, Lancashire BB3 0BG.
4. Entrants to the competition must be resident in the UK.
5. One prize will be awarded to a couple entering as homeowners (couples must be able to prove that they are in fact the legal owners of the property) The prize will be a home colour consultation for up to four rooms in the home, inclusive of the selected paint and materials as stocked in Crown Decorating centres at the time of this promotion. Labour and decorating costs are excluded from the prize.
6. There is no cash alternative for the prize.
7. To enter the competition visit the crown paints blog www.blog.crownpaints.co.uk and follow the instructions on how to enter. The winner will be chosen at random from the pool of entrants who have answered the question correctly. Only one entry per individual is allowed. In the case of multiple entries, the first entry submitted will be taken as the entry.
8. The winner will be notified after 3pm on Thursday April 28th via email. If we do not hear from you either by email or telephone within five working days of sending out the Notification Email, your prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected and contacted until the prize has been issued.
9. The winner must be able to prove that they are the legal owner of the property to be made over, and/or have written authorisation of the owner and any joint owner of the property where relevant.
10. The winner must schedule the colour consultation and delivery of their selected paint and materials to be completed within 12 months of the date they are contacted by Crown Paints Ltd and chosen as the winner of the competition.
11. For reasons outside their reasonable control, Crown Paints Ltd. reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value.
12. The following persons are not eligible to enter the competition: (i) employees of any business involved or associated with the competition (including Crown Paints Ltd. and its associated companies, any appointed agency, including BJL (UK) Limited, and any other agent or representative) and (ii) any such person’s family or household members.
13. The closing date for the competition is 3pm on 28th April 2011
3. The competition is operated by Crown Paints Ltd. Crown Paints Ltd. is a company 2011.
14. No responsibility is accepted by Crown Paints Ltd. or its agent for entries incompletely or incorrectly completed or not received for whatever reason. Neither Crown Paints Ltd. nor any appointed agent will accept responsibility for any technical or other error that might arise whilst submitting an entry, nor for the failure to store any image.
15. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party outside of Crown Paints Ltd. and / or BJL without the individual’s prior consent.
16. Crown Paints Ltd. reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
17. In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, the decision of Crown Paints Ltd.is final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. Crown Paints Ltd. reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
18. Crown Paints Ltd. may withdraw this competition where necessary if circumstances arise that are beyond its control at any time without notice.
19. English law governs these terms and conditions and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or in relation to these terms and conditions.